"OVERCOMING POVERTY IS NOT A GESTURE OF CHARITY. IT IS AN ACT OF JUSTICE."
We are a non-profit organisation formed by a multidisciplinary group of professionals and volunteers who support families in vulnerable situations in the Community of Madrid.
Since 2019, the need for social assistance has increased by 45%.
Requests for food, housing and medicine have tripled because of the social crisis that the pandemic has caused.
Half a million people in Madrid suffer from severe poverty, living on less than 355 euros per month.
WHO WE ARE
“We base our social action on the reception and accompaniment of vulnerable families at risk of social exclusion.”
Organisation formed by a multidisciplinary team of professionals and volunteers who support vulnerable families. Our different backgrounds, points of view and life experiences enrich the project.
We work in coordination with various important social institutions, such as Caritas, Social Services, Tengo Hogar, Red Madre, ICEAS, NUPA, ALTIUS, Fundación Cadete, Hermanas Oblatas, Farmacéuticos Solidarios, etc.
OUR DIFFERENTIAL VALUE
- We provide an innovative social support system based on the assignment of debit cards, supermarket cards and digital tickets (for basic necessities), companionship that is tailored to individual needs, and a network of resources.
- We provide complementary aid to Third Sector entities that are now saturated due to the critical situation that has been caused by a social emergency.
- We believe that the right use of new technologies can make a beneficial impact on our social environment.
We are committed to being an entity of reference for social interventions, based on our innovation and our effectiveness.
With a dignified and innovative model, we support families in vulnerable situations in the community of Madrid in order to improve and complement the assistance they receive from other entities and in order to support their capacities and their autonomy.
- Institutional: Transparency, Cooperation,
- Action: Respect, Equality, Empowerment, Dignity, Autonomy
- Team: Excellence, Passion, Solidarity
We cover the basic needs of food, hygiene and cleaning for families in vulnerable situations.
We provide companionship to families by giving them social and emotional support.
We offer complementary resources (training workshops, meetings…)
We co-ordinate our work with other entities and their resources.